Whether it’s due to internal or physical damage, the cost of repairing a laptop screen will depend on the severity of the damage and sometimes the manufacturer or brand. Established laptop brands like Apple’s MacBook can cost more than the average Windows laptop.
In this guide, we’ll show you how much it can cost to replace a laptop screen on most laptops and how much it costs by brand. So, if you’re wondering how much to spend on laptop screen repair, read on.
How much does a laptop screen repair cost?
Before you start worrying about the cost of repairing your laptop screen, it’s important to know what the damage is and whether it’s covered by warranty standards. If the damage was manufacturing-related and was diagnosed during the warranty period, it’s safe to assume that the screen will be replaced free of charge.
But more often, laptop screens get damaged due to accidental damage. These include cracked, broken, and tampered screens that cause the laptop display to fail. Damage of this kind is not covered by warranty, so you will have to bear all costs out of your pocket.
The following types of costs are considered for laptop screen repairs:
- Laptop screen and parts
- Postage and applicable taxes
Depending on the manufacturer, labor costs are usually $200, but can be as high as $400. Provided that they are carried out by trained laptop technicians, it is a guarantee that all repairs will be done professionally. Also, prices may vary between authorized repair shops due to the availability of parts and labor.
However, it can go up to $100 at some local repair shops, not including extra costs like the laptop screen and other parts. Depending on your laptop display, here are the most common screen replacements.
01. LCD screen replacement – Laptops with liquid crystal displays or LCDs are usually cheaper than LED screens. The price for a laptop LCD screen is $30 to $100, not including labor.
02. LED Screen Replacement – A screen using an LED (Light Emitting Diode) display is more expensive than an LCD. For example, screens for older MacBook models typically cost $100 or less but can go up to $750 for newer models like the MacBook Air, which uses a Retina display.
Laptop screen replacement cost (by brand)
As mentioned earlier, laptop screen repair costs can vary from brand to brand. Whether it’s because of cheaper and more available parts or the display on the screen, it can quickly determine the cost of repairing the screen. Here are the laptop screen repair costs for the most common laptop brands on the market (not including labor costs):
Lenovo laptop screen replacement
Due to the availability of most laptop screen parts, Lenovo laptop repairs are cheaper than other brands. A Lenovo laptop screen can cost as little as $60 for older models and $300 or more for newer models.
HP laptop screen replacement
Similar to Lenovo, HP laptop repairs are also cheap and easily done by most authorized repair shops. Screens for their latest laptop models can cost up to $200 or more but can drop as low as $70 for older models.
Dell laptop screen replacement
Dell laptops are known for their excellent quality at a reasonable price. However, their screens are also susceptible to wear or hardware damage. Dell laptop screens can cost $90 or less for older models and $250 for the latest laptops.
Asus laptop screen replacement
One of the most durable laptop brands is Asus. Most of their laptops also have LCD-type screens – which means they are cheaper. Screens can cost up to $200 for flagship models and $80 or less for older models.
Acer laptop screen replacement
Among the mid-range laptop brands is Acer. They are known for having affordable laptops of different models. An average Acer laptop screen can cost $100, but it can go up to $300 for flagship models.
Samsung laptop screen replacement
In addition to phones, Samsung also has durable laptops with different types of displays. A typical laptop LED screen can cost $60 and an LCD can cost up to $200.
MacBook screen replacement
Known as one of the most popular and lucrative laptop brands on the market, MacBooks are surprisingly cheap when it comes to screen replacements on older models ($70-$80). However, on the latest MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models, screens can cost as little as $350 and go up to $500 or more.
One of the few ways to render your laptop unusable is a damaged laptop screen. It is such an integral part of your laptop that it will be unusable once minor damage is diagnosed. If your laptop screen has been damaged due to manufacturing reasons, it can be replaced free of charge as it is still under warranty.
Hopefully, this guide will help you figure out how much it will take to replace a laptop screen. Regardless of the brand of your laptop, sometimes it is more practical to connect an external display or buy a new one if it is too expensive.
Frequently asked questions
Is It Worth Repairing The Laptop Screen?
There are several factors to consider: Cost – Screen replacement may or may not be economical. A typical rule of thumb is that if the repair cost is less than 50% of the laptop’s purchase price, it’s worth it.
Why Are Laptop Screens So Expensive?
Screens also come in different sizes, so demand and supply are limited by size, meaning low demand and higher prices due to storage and maintenance costs.
Can A Cracked Screen Be Repaired On A Laptop?
Many broken screens do not require the work of a professional, especially if there is no further damage to the body of the laptop. Repairing a cracked computer or laptop screen can often be done at home, but a faulty problem may require more expertise.
Is It Possible To Change The Screen On A Dell Laptop?
If you shatter or break the LCD screen on your Dell laptop, phone, or Venue tablet and do not have accidental damage coverage, you must pay for the repair yourself. Contact Dell Technical Support if you need assistance fixing your device.
What Is The Price Of A New LCD?
LCD, LED, plasma, and 4K TVs generally cost between $60 to $350. Screen and bulb replacement, backlight repair, HDMI port repair, and control board replacement are all common issues.
- MacBook Air Grey Vs Silver Which one is best in 2024Apple laptops are becoming more and more popular and this trend is expected to continue. Apple’s MacBooks … [Continue Reading]
- Why Does My Laptop Battery Drain So Fast?You may have wondered the other day, “Why does my laptop battery charge so fast ?!” Almost … [Continue Reading]
- How To Connect A Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard To A Samsung Tablet?The wireless keyboard is furious. Now as all laptops are integrated, a full-size keyboard is a luxury. … [Continue Reading]
- How To Enable 5ghz Wi-Fi in 3 Easy StepsHow Many experts on the internet talk about wifi? but not anyone can discuss How To Enable … [Continue Reading]
- Does AirPod work Fine with HP laptops?AirPods are designed to work well with Apple devices and are very easy to set up and … [Continue Reading]
- Best Ways To Draw On Laptop Without Touch Screen Laptop | 2024In addition, you can use a digital notepad or a web application and a mouse to write … [Continue Reading]
- How To Upgrade A Laptop Graphics CardYou Know This guide will explain the various options you have for improving the graphics of your … [Continue Reading]
- How To Charge A Laptop Without A ChargerBroken your charger, or not? Fortunately, there are several ways you can charge your laptop without charging. … [Continue Reading]
- How To Keep Gaming Laptop CoolOverheating is a major problem for gaming laptops. I will tell you how to keep your laptop … [Continue Reading]