While using a laptop, you may encounter a number of problems that may be either hardware or software related. Both types of problems can be solved if you have the right knowledge about how a laptop works. If it is a hardware-related problem, sometimes you need to open the laptop to make it work.
When trying to open the laptop from the back, there is a possibility that you might remove a screw, and sometimes opening such a screw can be frustrating. So, to help you if you are stuck in such a pitiful situation, I have explained some tricks to get out of it nicely.
Removing the stripped screw from the laptop
Removing a stripped screw can sometimes be a real pain, but don’t worry, you can try the following tricks:
1. Use a different shape of the screwdriver
2. Use a rubber band to remove the stripped screw
3. Using pliers, remove the stripped screw
4. Apply superglue to the stripped screw to open it.
Trick 1: Use a different screwdriver shape
Most of the screws used to secure the laptop body are cruciform or cruciform and tend to become deformed if they are not opened properly or are opened very often. So if in your case there is a Phillips screw that is stripped, try using a slotted screwdriver and try to move the screw without slipping the screwdriver. If your laptop doesn’t have Phillips head screws, then find a suitable shape that you think the screwdriver will fix easily and try using a screwdriver of that shape.
Trick 2: Use a rubber band to remove the stripped screw
Another trick that can get you out of this situation is to try putting a rubber band on the screw and press down on the screwdriver and try to turn it firmly, and if it still slides, move on to the next trick.
Trick 3: Use pliers to remove the stripped screw
If you’ve tried the tricks above and still get stuck, it’s possible that the hinges inside the screw have flattened, so if you have pliers, try turning the screw by grabbing the inside and outside of the screw with the pliers. If you’re still stuck, try the next and final trick and pray it works.
Trick 4: Open the stripped screw using super glue.
One last trick you can try is to put super glue on the screw and place the screwdriver on the screw. Spread the glue so that the screwdriver is firmly attached to the screw, and then wait for the glue to dry. Once the glue dries, try turning the screwdriver and twisting it a bit to loosen the glue if it’s stuck to the plastic body of the laptop.
Points to remember to avoid stripping screws
1. Never try to over-tighten the laptop screws
2. Use a screwdriver of the same shape as the shape of the screw
3. Do not use thread lockers on screws
Video Tutorial: How to remove small stripped screws | stripped laptop screws | stripped phone screw removal
Opening the back cover of a laptop can sometimes be annoying just because a screw or two is stripped. There are several ways to remove a stripped screw from a laptop, but not all of them are safe. I have explained some of the easiest and safest methods that anyone can try to easily remove a stripped screw.
How do you remove the screw when the head is stripped?
Place a hand screwdriver against the stripped screw. Then tap the screwdriver handle lightly with the hammer. In many cases, this is enough to drive the screwdriver a little deeper into the stripped screw, which provides enough grip to allow you to turn the screw.
How do you remove a small headless screw?
If you find one thin enough for a small screw, the best way to loosen the stripped screw is with a rubber band. Just place the rubber band flat on the screw, it fits into the gaps and provides enough friction to get the screw out.
What screwdriver opens a laptop?
Most laptops use Philips or Torx screws. Torx screws are used very strongly on the inner part. The most frequent size is T8, and the most common Philips sizes are PH0 and PH1.
I used to repair computers, cell phones, and other small electronics for a living so I hope I know something about electronics repair kits.
What tool can I use to remove the stripped screw?
You can unscrew the stripped screw using a rubber band, pliers, a drill, or even a screwdriver. When figuring out how to fix a stripped screw, be sure not to overstress the screw with any one method. If one solution fails, try another right away.
How can you use Super Glue to remove a stripped screw?
Try adding a drop of superglue to the top of the screw. Insert the screwdriver into the screw head and let the glue dry. With a firm grip and downward pressure, rotate the screwdriver to remove the screw.
How can you use a rubber band to remove a stripped screw?
So the next time you find yourself in this situation, try a rubber band to hack a stripped screw. Place a wide rubber band between the screwdriver and the stripped head of the screw and apply strong but slow force as you turn the screw. The rubber band should grip the stripped screw head and allow you to pull the screw out.
How do you use duct tape to remove a stripped screw?
Pro-tip: If the screw is just barely coming off, you might be able to use the duct tape trick. Cover the stripped screw head with adhesive tape and insert the screwdriver into the groove on the top of the tape. Push and turn counterclockwise. The tape should fill the gaps so that the screw can be removed easily.
- MacBook Air Grey Vs Silver Which one is best in 2024Apple laptops are becoming more and more popular and this trend is expected to continue. Apple’s MacBooks … [Continue Reading]
- Why Does My Laptop Battery Drain So Fast?You may have wondered the other day, “Why does my laptop battery charge so fast ?!” Almost … [Continue Reading]
- How To Connect A Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard To A Samsung Tablet?The wireless keyboard is furious. Now as all laptops are integrated, a full-size keyboard is a luxury. … [Continue Reading]
- How To Enable 5ghz Wi-Fi in 3 Easy StepsHow Many experts on the internet talk about wifi? but not anyone can discuss How To Enable … [Continue Reading]
- Does AirPod work Fine with HP laptops?AirPods are designed to work well with Apple devices and are very easy to set up and … [Continue Reading]
- Best Ways To Draw On Laptop Without Touch Screen Laptop | 2024In addition, you can use a digital notepad or a web application and a mouse to write … [Continue Reading]
- How To Upgrade A Laptop Graphics CardYou Know This guide will explain the various options you have for improving the graphics of your … [Continue Reading]
- How To Charge A Laptop Without A ChargerBroken your charger, or not? Fortunately, there are several ways you can charge your laptop without charging. … [Continue Reading]
- How To Keep Gaming Laptop CoolOverheating is a major problem for gaming laptops. I will tell you how to keep your laptop … [Continue Reading]