Apple laptops are becoming more and more popular and this trend is expected to continue. Apple’s MacBooks are known for their portability and lightweight, making them ideal for mobile workers.
Choosing between two products like MacBook Silver vs Space Gray from the same company can be one of the toughest decisions you’ll ever have to make. Buying a MacBook is a significant investment that requires a lot of thought and research, so let’s start with the comparison.
Loved to explore Macbooks? Check this Best MacBook For Live Streaming
Apple MacBook Pro 2021 (16-inch, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD) – Silver
- 16-core Neural Engine 5x faster machine learning
- 16-inch Liquid Retina XDR display with high dynamic range and contrast ratio
- 32-core GPU for 4x faster graphics-intensive applications and games
- Up to 64 GB of unified memory for fast and smooth performance
- Up to 8TB of ultra-fast SSD storage launches programs and data quickly
Apple MacBook Pro 2021 (14-inch, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) – Space Gray
- M1 Pro or M1 Max from Apple for significant CPU and GPU boost
- Force-canceled woofers in a six-speaker system
- With a 10-core CPU, performance can be increased by up to 3.7 times.
- 32-core GPU for up to 13x performance
- Up to 64 GB of unified memory for fast and smooth performance
MacBook Silver vs Space Gray: Which is for you?
There is a decision to be made even though only two styles are offered. It’s also a safe bet that Space Gray will be the shade of choice for most people. It’s a nice contrast to the black keyboard and simply feels a little more modern.
In addition, it seems likely that silver will continue to be the primary color of Apple products in the future. Apple is expected to retire Space Grey, but if you want it, you can get it now and it will serve you well.
Silver is an excellent choice for those who prefer the classic MacBook look compared to other MacBook colors. However, the combination of silver and black on the keyboard creates a style that cannot be denied, even if some consider Space Gray to be outdated.
While its deeper shade means it will show scuffs more than Silver, this shouldn’t be a problem if you handle it with care. Thanks to this, you will not be distracted from what you are doing while using the gadget.
Frustratingly, Apple only offers two colors for the iPhone X: Space Gray and Silver. These computers are quite interesting. In addition to being more capable than ever before, they show that Apple still understands how to make “pro” devices. I would love to add some exciting colors to it, but unfortunately, the only options available are Space Gray and Silver.
Finally, the only distinction between the computers is their color, which is a minor distinction. Consider the one you like the most because you will use it often and want to have fun.
Concerns about bruising
I understand that you are concerned that the silver color of your MacBook Pro will fade over time. Since Apple has been creating and applying anodized aluminum finishes to various products for a long time, they have perfected the process to the point where it is almost flawless.
Most Apple devices use anodized aluminum finishes in their construction. They stayed true to color despite being used a lot over the years. Because of this, there is no need to worry about discoloration, fading, or even stains of any kind on your MacBook Pro. It will undoubtedly withstand the test of time.
Inconsistencies in low-light environments
Avoiding reflections on the screen is essential when using the MacBook Pro in a dimly lit area. This will help you stay focused on the net.
The good news is that the black bezels surrounding the screen on the Macbook Pro 21 Silver vs. Space Gray are a welcome change. This eliminates the distracting effects of a high-contrast bezel like some silver iPads with a white bezel. Instead, you can focus on what’s on the screen. To make it even more impressive, the bezels virtually disappear whether you’re playing a video game or watching a movie.
How many scuffs and scratches are you willing to put up with?
Your new Apple Store MacBook Pro will be more vulnerable to damage if you drop it, even if it’s well protected because it won’t have a case to cushion the impact. Even though silver and space gray is so close to the same shade, there are enough differences to make an informed decision.
Recycled aluminum covers the 14-inch MacBook Pro and second generation to withstand normal wear and tear. Silver can better hide minor scratches and scuffs from moving across the table. Space Gray, on the other hand, covers black scuffs better. This means that if you want your MacBook Pro (2021) to look new, choose Silver over other colors. If there is none, use Space Gray.
Is it better to choose a light or dark theme?
Is it necessary to use dark mode? So is dark mode a good thing or a bad thing should it be used by everyone or by no one? The dark path is not for everyone, so don’t use it. Even though it’s in, it’s not necessarily more comfortable for the eyes. The light mode can be more comfortable for your eyes and more productive when working in bright situations.
In this case, go for it! If you like the look of dark mode and have no problems seeing the screen in bright light, go ahead and use it. Small incremental theoretical productivity gains aren’t everything.
Or, better yet, consider the context. Use light mode during the day and enable dark mode at night. Task Scheduler on Windows 10 and Night Owl on macOS allows you to turn on the dark theme at night automatically. Apple iOS 13 allows you to automatically activate dark mode at sunset.
14 inches or 16 inches?
Apple Inc.’s 16-inch MacBook Pro it’s $500 more than the 14-inch model, so make sure you need the larger display size, battery life, and High-Performance mode option to justify it. However, if you upgrade the 14-inch model to the same M1 Pro with 10-core CPU and 16-core GPU that the 16-inch machine starts with, the price difference shrinks to $200.
You should be aware that if you get a 16-inch MacBook Pro, it is significantly larger and heavier than a 14-inch MacBook Pro. The 16-inch model may be slightly faster than the 13-inch variant of the MacBook Pro, although several benchmark tests have yet to prove this. Also, the speakers of the 16-inch model are more likely to provide better sound because they are larger.
Apple MacBook Pro (2021) Review
The 2021 model is more than just a protector of the 2016 MacBook Pro and can be more than just a reference. Despite its boldness, it maintains a familiarity that makes it interesting and comfortable. A “professional” laptop should be able to provide the best of both worlds, and this one does.
Camera: FaceTime HD 1080p camera
Connectivity: WIFI 6, Bluetooth 5, 3 x USB 4/ Thunderbolt 4, HDMI 2.0, SD card, headphones
Dimensions: 221.2 x 312.6 x 1.55 mm
Operating system: macOS 11 Monterey
Processor: Apple M1 Pro or M1 Max
RAM: 16, 32, or 64 GB
Screen: 14.2″ mini-LED (3024 x 1964; 254 PPI) Pro-Motion (120 Hz)
Storage: 512 GB, 1, 2, 4 or 8 TB SSD
Weight: 1.6 kg
Ports And Design
A closer look at the MacBook Pro 2021 shows that it retains many features of the current model. It’s still an aluminum body with a silver or space-gray finish, and the lid still has the Apple logo.
As before, you get the same 3-pound piece of metal from this design. While the absence of a touchscreen is expected, the fact that macOS Big Sur allows you to download apps for iPhone and iPad is still disappointing.
New rubber feet on the bottom and ultra-slim bezels on top are other minor design tweaks that have been included. Of course, this frame comes with a trade-off, although Apple hopes you don’t see it that way.
There are only two Thunderbolt/USB 4 ports on the left and a headphone jack on the right, so connectivity options are limited.
The best way to describe the performance of the MacBook Pro M1 is that it dissolves obstacles in your way of getting things done. In a way, it’s as if the laptop doesn’t exist at all.
Our Handbrake video editing test, which involves converting a 4K movie to 1080p, was very challenging with the MacBook Pro M1. Because of this evaluation, the program has been improved to work best with Apple Silicon. The XPS 13 took 18 minutes and 22 seconds to complete the test, while the ZenBook 13 took 17 minutes and 51 seconds. At 21:15, the Air fell just short of the Pro.
Overall, the MacBook Pro M1 scored 5,945 points in the multi-core section of Geekbench 5.1. The Dell XPS 13 and Asus ZenBook 13 scored 5,084 and 5,319 respectively with 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processors. The Apple MacBook Air M1 was also tested with a score of 5,962.
Gameplay as well as Graphics
Most modern games can be played at high resolutions and frame rates on the MacBook Pro. At 38 frames per second, the MacBook Pro is more than twice as fast as the ZenBook 13 when playing Civilization VI: Gathering Storm or any graphics-intensive applications.
Rise of the Tomb Raider ran well on the MacBook Pro, delivering a solid 26 frames per second. Getting closer to 30 fps may improve the overall experience, but keep in mind that this was set to the highest possible settings for the game. So if you tune them you can have an even smoother performance.
The display technology of the MacBook Pro 2021 is the most important for the line since 2012. There is no doubt that the competition has caught up with what was once the industry leader. Color accuracy and saturation, high resolution, and even OLED panels are not prevalent in Windows laptops. The MacBook Pro was still one of the best, but laptops like the Dell XPS 15 with a 4K OLED display came out on top in our tests.
However, the MacBook Pro has reclaimed the title, but not in the way you might expect. Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. An unusual resolution of 3456 x 2234 appears on the 16.2-inch screen. The pixel density has increased from 220 to 250 pixels per inch. It’s also slightly taller than the standard 16:10 15.4:10 aspect ratio. The 14-inch variant has a resolution of 3024 x 1964, which means a slightly higher pixel density of 254 PPI with a retina display.
With a battery life of 17 hours of wireless web surfing and up to 20 hours of video playback, Apple claims the 13-inch MacBook Pro (also M1 MacBook Air, 2020) has “the longest battery life ever in a Mac.” That’s 10 hours more than the previous generation. as we explained in “Why Does My Laptop Battery Drain So Fast? “
We’ve found Apple’s batteries to be quite accurate in the past, even though the 13-inch MacBook Pro is designed for more demanding tasks.
In our battery life test, it lasted 13 hours and 22 minutes. We play a looping 1080p movie at 50% screen brightness until we run out of power. As for battery life, it’s not as impressive as Apple said it would be, but it’s still an increase over the previous 2020 Intel model with 8 hours and 31 minutes in the same test.
Touch Bar, Touchpad, and Keyboard
I envy the backlit Magic Keyboard on the new MacBook Pro M1 because I still use the Butterfly keyboard. In the typing test, I typed at 60 wpm, which is in my normal range. However, I made far fewer mistakes than I expected. Additionally, the Magic Keyboard layout is much more comfortable to type on than the earlier Butterfly layout.
The MacBook Pro M1’s touchpad is just as large and sleek as before. For example, I had no trouble scrolling or zooming. When I swipe up with three fingers, it’s a breeze to see all my open apps. Touch ID on the MacBook Pro is still a pain for me. While it does provide useful shortcuts for some apps, I find it annoying.
This time, Apple improved the camera and speakers. Additionally, this is the first MacBook Pro to feature a 1080p FaceTime webcam, an exciting new feature. Apple wouldn’t be able to launch the next MacBook Pro with a 720p camera. Your video conversation on your laptop will be much more transparent and fluid thanks to this major improvement.
There are also many more laptops with 1080p cameras. One is included with the Surface Laptop Studio, and the HP Elite Dragonfly laptops include 5-megapixel cameras. Until recently, laptop manufacturers had no idea how important webcams were, but they are slowly catching on.
Although the dual speakers on the MacBook Pro M1 are new, they deliver a powerful punch and a wide soundstage. Guitar and handclaps are heard at the beginning of The Man’s Feel It Still without covering the vocals.
I was listening to A-“Love Me Like You Do” on acoustic guitar. The singer’s voice trembled eerily as it soared into the air. You won’t believe your ears if you’ve never heard these speakers before.
Configuration and Pricing
Despite its many quality-of-life improvements, the MacBook Pro isn’t for everyone. Especially with the 14-inch MacBook Pro starting at $1,999, this is truer than ever. That price makes the $1,399 13-inch MacBook Pro (M1) seem like a time warp.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro’s Touch Bar and poor port options make it obsolete compared to the 14-inch MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. However, for students and anyone who doesn’t spend a lot of time on a demanding program, the MacBook Air remains an excellent alternative.”
At least $2,499 is required to upgrade to the 16-inch model I tested. This particular model cost $3,899. It included the M1 Pro, 32GB of RAM, and 2TB of SSD storage.
Reasons to buy and avoid the MacBook Pro (2021)
key reason to buy a MacBook Pro
- Ultra HD video editing is what you want to do.
- You are looking for a MacBook that is both powerful and compact.
key reason to avoid the MacBook Pro
- If you are on a tight budget.
- Looking for exceptional graphics capabilities.
- Apple product designs don’t appeal to you.
Some interesting unknown facts about the MacBook Pro in 2021
New MacBook 2021 Silver vs. Space Gray information you may not have known. Apple Keynote did not disclose these facts, nor did Apple’s website. Let’s get it started.
- The startup chime no longer plays. When you raise the display of your MacBook Pro, it will automatically start up. The bell is therefore no longer necessary.
- They could have used 32GB of RAM in the new MacBook Pro, but they decided to go with 16GB. 32GB reduces battery life. They also assumed that customers care more about battery life than power. My opinion is that this is an insensitive decision by a company that should know better.
- The new MacBook Pro does not include a USB port for iPhone. That’s good and I’ll say it again. The MacBook Pro cannot be used to charge an iPhone without a converter. Funny, weird, and hilarious all at once!
- For a total of $250, you can buy all your dongles. Individual adapters for each of these ports? You’d be a complete fool to do that. You’d be better off investing in a ThunderBolt Hub instead because you’ll never be able to connect everything you own to those four inputs. It has a USB hub attached to it and that’s what I have. A single ThunderBolt connects it all to my PC.
- You can now buy a laptop for $4,299 or more. Indeed, it is a new record. Before-tax, AppleCare, and dongles, that’s the price. This is, of course, the company’s most expensive model, which only a select few should consider.
- Like the iPad Pro, the MacBook Pro seems to lack an extension cable. This one pissed me off. I was surprised to learn that they weren’t part of the new laptops, which surprised me. Maybe not? When buying a new Apple computer, make sure you get the correct connector. This massive adapter won’t fit in my socket.
- The Apple logo will no longer glow in the dark. This isn’t that serious, but it’s still fun and sad.
- Gone was the shiny Apple icon and now laptops are more like iPads and iPhones. That’s okay Apple, you can have it. Anyway, I used another sticker to hide mine.
MacBook Pros with M2 chips will be available from Apple in 2023
Apple is rumored to be working on a new version of its entry-level MacBook Pro. According to Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman in an email on Sunday, Apple’s 2023 MacBook Pro models may feature an M2 processor, but no ProMotion or mini-LED display, as reported by 9to5Mac.
MacBook Pro 2021 with M1 Pro and M1 Max CPUs has been revealed to have a ProMotion display. Thanks to the new technology, refresh rates of up to 120 Hz are possible.
It means MacBook Silver vs. Space Gray colors have very little in common. As a result, you can choose the one that best suits your needs based on the above considerations. For example, the frames of the space gray model reflect less light than the silver model, making it a better choice if you prefer to work in low light.
Does A Space Gray Or Silver Macbook Look Better?
Silver is better at masking minor scratches and scuffs from moving across the table. On the other hand, Space Gray has a better chance of hiding dark scratches than Black. Consequently, if you want to minimize the appearance of minor defects on your MacBook Pro (2021), choose silver as the color.
Is It Ok To Leave My MacBook Air Still Plugged In?
Charge cycles and heat can damage the battery, and repeatedly plugging in your Mac and charging it to 100% can result in a dead battery or lower charge capacity in the long run. Generally speaking, you should not let the battery rest at 100 percent for a long time for Apple iPhone or Apple iPad Pro, or iPad mini as well.
Should I Shut Down My Mac Every Night?
When your Mac is put to sleep, it uses less power and can wake up much faster than a Mac that has been turned off. If you’re going to be away from your Mac for a few hours or even overnight, putting it to sleep is the most effective way to save battery life.
Is A 256GB SSD Macbook Enough?
Don’t be fooled, because the brand new iMac and MacBook models come standard with a 256GB SSD. 256GB should be more than enough storage for your media files, be it photos, movies, or music.
Why Is It Called Space Gray?
According to Melvin, “aluminum is used for a wide variety of systems such as electrical, hydraulic, robotic workstations and so on. Apple originally released space gray with the iPhone 5 series in 2013. The phone’s dark grey color is subtly reminiscent of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- MacBook Air Grey Vs Silver Which one is best in 2023Apple laptops are becoming more and more popular and this trend is expected to continue. Apple’s MacBooks … [Continue Reading]
- Why Does My Laptop Battery Drain So Fast?You may have wondered the other day, “Why does my laptop battery charge so fast ?!” Almost … [Continue Reading]
- How To Connect A Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard To A Samsung Tablet?The wireless keyboard is furious. Now as all laptops are integrated, a full-size keyboard is a luxury. … [Continue Reading]
- How To Enable 5ghz Wi-Fi in 3 Easy StepsHow Many experts on the internet talk about wifi? but not anyone can discuss How To Enable … [Continue Reading]
- Does AirPod work Fine with HP laptops?AirPods are designed to work well with Apple devices and are very easy to set up and … [Continue Reading]
- Best Ways To Draw On Laptop Without Touch Screen Laptop | 2023In addition, you can use a digital notepad or a web application and a mouse to write … [Continue Reading]
- How To Upgrade A Laptop Graphics CardYou Know This guide will explain the various options you have for improving the graphics of your … [Continue Reading]
- How To Charge A Laptop Without A ChargerBroken your charger, or not? Fortunately, there are several ways you can charge your laptop without charging. … [Continue Reading]
- How To Keep Gaming Laptop CoolOverheating is a major problem for gaming laptops. I will tell you how to keep your laptop … [Continue Reading]